Application Guidelines Consider the following application guidelines when configuring a DH+ link for
- Minimize the number of DH+ nodes to achieve acceptable response times. Keep in mind the size and frequency of messages exchanged between devices.
- Limit the number of stations on your network when you are trying to achieve the fastest control response time. Establish separate DH+ networks to bring-on additional stations.
- Do not add or remove stations from the network during machine or process operation. If the network token resides with a device that is removed, the token can be lost to the rest of the network. The network is automatically reestablished, but it could take several seconds. Control is unreliable or interrupted during this time.
- When possible, do not program controllers online during machine or process operation. This could result in long bursts of DH+ activity, increasing response time.
- When possible, add a separate DH+ link for programming processors to keep effects of the programming terminal from the process DH+ link.